The timetable for the West African Examination Council (WAEC) examinations for May/June 2017 has been released.
The West African Senior School Certificate Examination (WASSCE) is scheduled to start by Thursday 20 of February 2017 and ends on the Monday 15th May 2017.
Below are some important things to note according to the examination body:
- Difference in Time on Question Paper and Timetable
Where the duration indicated on the question paper differs from that on the timetable, the one on the question paper should be followed.
Question Papers to be Given Out in Advance of the Dates They Are to be Taken:
- Visual Art 3;
Paper 3A – Instructions will be given to schools two weeks before the paper is due to be taken.
Paper 3B – Question paper sill be given to candidates two weeks before it is due to be taken.
Paper 3C – Candidates will be required to execute their projects within six months of the examination year. The period of submission of art pieces will be communicated to schools by the Council.
- General Knowledge-In-Art Paper 3: The question paper for General Knowledge-In-Art 3 will be given to candidates two weeks before the paper is due to be taken.
- Block Laying, Bricklaying and Concrete Works 3 (Practical): Question paper will be given to candidates three days before the paper is due to be taken.
- Project Work Papers: The question papers for project work for Basketry, Graphic Design, Leatherwork, Ceramics, Sculpture, Picture Making, Textiles, Jewellery, Painting & Decoration, Dyeing & Bleaching and Leather Goods Manufacturing & Repair will be forwarded to candidates two weeks in advance of the examination. The exact date for the delivery of question papers to candidates will be communicated to them through their schools.
- Extra Time for Blind, Deaf and Dumb Candidates
Blind, deaf and dumb candidates should be allowed one and half times the time allotted to other candidates.
Download WAEC timetable 2017 in PDF format
Meanwhile, this might be good news for many Nigerian students. WAEC has announced that the General Certificate Examination (GCE) for private candidates will now be held twice a year starting in 2017.
Dr Iyi Uwadiae, the council’s registrar while speaking to journalists at a meeting on Wednesday, December 14, in Accra, Ghana, said:
“The West Africa Senior School Certificate Examination (WASSCE) for private candidates known as the November/December diet for private candidates will now be conducted in January/February and August/September.”
NEWS Credit: Naij
Home « NEWS « WAEC