Table of Contents
- 1 Amazing Fun Facts
- 1.1 Tornados in United States
- 1.2 Life under Ocean
- 1.3 0.8 sq mile nation
- 1.4 820 languages spoken
- 1.5 Oxygen-rich nation
- 1.6 Orgasm
- 1.7 Kiss by rubbing nose
- 1.8 Longest Kiss
- 1.9 Stomach Size
- 1.10 Fats
- 1.11 Dolphins have scary, hand-like penises
- 1.12 India’s richest
- 1.13 Google
- 1.14 Beer
- 1.15 Price of Gold
- 1.16 Death
- 1.17 Serial killers in America
- 1.18 Eye blink frequency
- 1.19 Thoughts per day
- 1.20 Mark Zuckerberg
- 1.21 Pointer-finger to Ring-finger ratio
- 1.22 Fluorescent lamp
- 1.23 Vowels in words
- 1.24 Age of Universe
- 1.25 Faithful Fathers
- 2 Human Body
- 3 Some more mind blowing facts
Here is a list of some of the most surprising facts.. some of them will surely make both your eyebrow move in the upward direction.
Amazing Fun Facts
Tornados in United States
3 out of every 4 tornadoes in the world happen in the United States. The United States have an average of 800 tornadoes every year. 
Life under Ocean
94 percent of life on Earth is aquatic? That makes us land-dwellers a very small minority.
0.8 sq mile nation
Monaco(0.8 sq mi) is the smallest permanently inhabited nation in the world…smaller than Central Park.
820 languages spoken
Papua New Guinea is the most linguistically diverse nation in the world with over 820 different languages spoken in this country.
Russia produces most of world’s Oxygen as it is home to approximately 25% of the world’s forests making Russia the largest converter of CO2 into breathable compounds.
Some men and women have orgasm when they use treadmill.
Kiss by rubbing nose
Eskimos and Egyptians “kiss” by rubbing noses
The world record for longest kiss lasted 30 hours and 59 minutes.
People who are naturally thin can have the same size or even larger stomachs than people who battle their weight throughout a lifetime.
Interestingly, the part of your “belly fat” that can do you the most harm may actually be the fat you don’t see. It resides in the “omentum,” a kind of internal sheet that lies over and around your internal organs.
Dolphins have scary, hand-like penises
Male dolphins possess one of the stranger sex organs on the planet: A retractable penis used to navigate through the ocean, kind of like how humans use their hands to feel their way around. A dolphin’s propensity to depend on his penis as a do-it-all multi-tool helps explain why the animals are known to “hump inanimate objects.”
Mukesh Ambani, India’s richest person whose family consists of 5 people(his wife, one daughter and two sons) lives in a 27-floor personal home and has a full-time staff of 600 who maintains the residence.
Doesn’t use lawnmowers to cut its grass. In 2009 they rented 200 goats to chow down on the grass at their HQ.
Moderate beer consumption is better at flushing your kidneys than water, fights osteoporosis, and it lowers cholesterol.
Price of Gold
From 1833 to 1918 the price of gold never rose more than six cents from its initial price of $18.93 per ounce, and between 1933 and 1967 its price rose just 26 cents per ounce, despite dozens of inflationary crises and economic downturns.Over the past decade, the value of gold has risen sharply, from about $279 per ounce in 2000 to around $1,300 per ounce in mid-2010 to $1,700 per ounce today
More people have died inside the HALO games than have ever died in real life on earth throughout the entire history of humans being around.
Estimated number of humans that ever lived on earth is 108,000,000,000,
Estimated number of people killed in HALO games is 136,128,511,043
Serial killers in America
In America, if you kill two or more people with a short time gap in-between those two events.. according to the FBI you are technically a serial killer. Criminologists estimate that in the united states at any given point of time there are over 100 serial killers yet to be caught walking amongst us.
An average person blinks around 15 times in a minute but only 7.5 times while watching a video on YouTube.
Thoughts per day
We have approximately 70,000 thoughts per day
He once wore a tie every day for a whole year
Pointer-finger to Ring-finger ratio
In men and boys, the right pointer finger is shorter in relation to their right ring finger than it is in girls. The higher your testosterone level before birth, the lower your pointer-finger-to-ring-finger ratio. Men with the lowest ratios made the most money and stayed in business for the longest time
Gasoline equivalent of the lifetime energy savings offered by using a single 24 watt compact fluorescent lamp (CFL) in lieu of a 100 watt incandescent bulb would be sufficient to drive a Toyota Prius from San Francisco to New York.
Vowels in words
Facetious and abstemious are the only words that contain all the vowels in the correct order.
Age of Universe
According to the Big Bang theory the Universe is estimated to be approximately 13.7 billion years old (plus or minus 130 million years).
Male seahorses get pregnant and give birth
- 100 billion = the number of neurons in your brain
- Neurons to and from the brain travel as fast as 170 miles (274 km) per hour.
- 100,000 = the number of miles of blood vessels in your brain
- 4 to 6 = the number of minutes your brain can survive without oxygen before it starts to die
- 8 to 10 = the number of seconds you have before losing consciousness due to blood loss
- Each person has about the same number of brain cells at birth as in adulthood, but those cells grow, reaching maximum size at about age six.
- The human brain cell can hold 5 times as much information as the Encyclopedia Brittanica.
- Your brain is the most fatty organ in your body!
- Your brain knows when you tickle yourself, which is why you don’t bend over laughing.
2. Bones, & Muscles
- It takes the interaction of 72 different muscles to produce human speech.
- Relative to size, the strongest muscle in the body is the tongue.
- Human thigh bones are stronger than concrete.
- Your muscles make up about one-half of your body weight
- You were born with 300 bones. When you get to be an adult, you have 206.
- The human head is one-quarter of our total length at birth but only one-eighth of our total length by the time we reach adulthood.
- You use an average of 43 muscles for a frown.
- You use an average of 17 muscles for a smile.
- Fingernails grow nearly 4 times faster than toenails.
- There are nine muscles in your ear.
- The enamel in your teeth is the hardest substance in your body
- If you were to remove your skin, it would weigh as much as 5 pounds
- There are 45 miles (72 km) of nerves in the skin of a human being.
- Humans shed about 600,000 particles of skin every hour. That works out to about 1.5 pounds each year, so the Average person will lose around 105 pounds of skin by age 70.
- Every square inch of skin on the human body has about 32 million bacteria on it, but fortunately, the vast majority of them are harmless.
- Your skin is the largest organ in your body and in a male adult, if it were to be stretched out, it would cover roughly 20 sq ft.
- Women blink nearly twice as much as men.
- If you go blind in one eye you only lose about one fifth of your vision but all your sense of depth.
- Our eyes are always the same size from birth, but our nose and ears never stop growing.
- The average human blinks their eyes 6,205,000 times each year.
- The entire length of all the eyelashes shed by a human in their life is over 98 feet (30 m).
- When you are looking at someone you love, your pupils dilate, they do the same when you are looking at someone you hate
- The eye of a human can distinguish 500 shades of the gray.
- People generally read 25% slower from a computer screen compared to paper.
- All babies are colour blind when they are born.
- The average human heart will beat 3,000 million times in its lifetime and pump 48 million gallons of blood.
- In one hour, your heart works hard enough to produce the equivalent energy to raise almost 1 ton of weight 1 yard off the ground.
- A woman’s heart beats faster than a man’s.
- 15 million blood cells are destroyed in the human body every second.
- Human blood travels 60,000 miles (96,540 km) per day on its journey through the body.
- If they were laid end to end, the blood vessels in your body would wrap around the equator 2 1/2 times
- Blood accounts for about 8% of a human’s body weight.
- 50,000 of the cells in your body will die and be replaced with new cells, all while you have been reading this sentence
- Every day an adult body produces 300 billion new cells
- The largest cell in the human body is the female egg and the smallest it the male sperm.
- There are approximately 45 billion fat cells in an average adult.
- On average, men produce about 10 million new sperm daily. That’s enough to repopulate the entire planet in 6 months.
- A female’s ovaries have over half-a-million eggs, but only about 400 of them will ever get the opportunity to create life.
- One out of seventeen, or 400,000,000 people have sex a day. 4,000 people are doing it right now!
- The fastest speed a sexy sensation can travel from your va-jay-jay to your brain has been clocked at the Ferrari-fast speed of 156mph
- The average amount of time spent kissing for a person in a lifetime is 20,160 minutes.
- A kiss for one minute can burn 26.
- An average human scalp has 100,000 hairs.
- On average, a man spends about five months of his life shaving.
- In a lifetime, an average man will shave 20,000 times.
- Eyebrow hair lasts between 3-5 months before it sheds.
- Everyday approximately 35 meters of hair fiber is produced on the scalp of an adult.
Some more mind blowing facts
- The average cough comes out of your mouth at 60 miles (96.5 km) per hour.
- The air from a human sneeze can travel at speeds of 100 miles per hour or more
- In the average lifetime, a person will walk the equivalent of 5 times around the equator.
- During a 24-hour period, the average human will breathe 23,040 times.
- Similar to fingerprints, everyone also has a unique tongue print
- In a lifetime, the average person produces about 25,000 quarts of saliva — enough to fill two swimming pools!
- You burn 26 calories in a one minute kiss
- If the average male never shaved, his beard would be 13 feet long when he died.
- Except for identical twins, every person on earth has a unique smell.
- There are more than 300,000,000 capillaries in your lungs and if they were stretched out tip to tip they would reach over 1,500 miles – long enough to start in Los Angeles and end up in Atlanta.
- Our body is hot. So hot, in fact, that in just 30 minutes your body can produce enough heat to boil a half gallon of water.
- By the time you go to bed at night you are about 1 cm shorter than when you woke up that morning. This is because the cartilage between your bones is compressed throughout the day.
- Your nose is not as sensitive as a dog’s, but it can remember 50,000 different scents.