Table of Contents
- 1 Guidelines for 2018/2019 Pre-degree admission
- 2 Screening of Candidates
- 3 Closure of 2018/2019 Admission Exercise
The management of Ebonyi State University has announced that it shall not use Post UTME in its 2018/2019 admission process. This was made known on the school’s websites http://ebsu-edu.net and https://ebsuai.edu.ng/, the general public is hereby adviced to take note and not fall victim to scammers who will request you to pay money into some bank accounts for a purported EBSU Post UTME, 2018/2019.
Guidelines for 2018/2019 Pre-degree admission
Minimum UTME (JAMB) result/score of (170). (This simply means that Pre-Degree graduates without the minimum score of 170 will not be considered for admission.
Procedure for Selection of Candidates for Merit Admission
The first choice admission is to be guided by JAMB approved admission criteria as follows:
- Merit: Here about 40 (forty) percent of each programme shall be selected as general merit (R/M)
- Locality/Catchment (R/L): Also in this category, 40% of the quota of each programme shall be selected and Spread among 13 Federal recognized Local Government Areas of Ebonyi State.
- ELDS: Educationally less developed states shall be discretionally applied if constraints of the 2018/2019 NUC quota and prevailing imperative within EBSU as a State University permits. Meanwhile, be reminded that the states recognized to be educationally less developed include: Adamawa, Bauchi, Bayelsa, Benue, Borno, Cross River, Ebonyi, Gombe, Jigawa, Kaduna, Kano, Katsina, Kebbi, Kogi, Kwara, Nasarawa, Niger, Plateau, Rivers, Sokoto, Taraba, Yobe and Zamfara.
EBSU First choice candidates who fail to get admission through merit shall be given a chance in supplementary admission provided they possess the basic entry requirements in the different areas they applied.
Note: There will be no Supplementary Admission in the following areas:
- Medicine and Surgery
- Medical Laboratory Science
- Nursing Science
Admission Through Pre-Degree (PDS)
Admission through Pre-Degree School (PDS) shall continue to be given adequate preference in such a manner that 5% of approved quota will be given to Pre-Degree School in supplementary admission.
Direct Entry Admission
The possession of basic O/Level entry requirements in their respective areas of discipline shall continue to be used as a condition for Direct entry admission for 2018/2019 session. This is without prejudice to Direct Entry candidates in Law where single O/Level sitting entry shall be waved for those with good qualifying Direct Entry result certificates.
Note that suitable EBSU Diploma results shall continue to be considered for Direct Entry admission just like others from Polytechnics and Monotechnics. However, this is not applicable to Diploma from other universities.
Council approved admission ratio of 80:20 between Ebonyi catchment LGAs versus candidates from other local government Areas/States respectively shall continue to apply as much as practicable.
The admission ratio of 60: 40 in favour of Sciences and Arts based courses shall also continue to apply.
There shall be no concessional admission in 2018/2019 admission.
Admission of Staff Biological Children/On Staff Interest
There shall be provision for consideration of admission of staff biological children. Members of staff are advised to formally indicate such requests through collection/filling of the appropriate forms from the Admissions Department. Completed forms should be signed by staff Head of Department and submitted to the Admissions Department. Concerned members of staff are to be reminded that only forms for genuine biological children will be processed.
Screening of Candidates
Candidates shall be intensively screened to ensure that all the documents presented for admission including O/Level, PDS result slip, Declaration of Nationality, UTME result are genuine. All admitted candidates, as approved by JAMB in their Forum with Higher Institutions, must present:
- Original Result Slip and JAMB Admission Letter before registration.
Closure of 2018/2019 Admission Exercise
The deadline for 2018/2019 admission exercise as approved by JAMB is 17th December 2018. All involved in the admission process should strive to keep to the approved schedules to ensure that the university concludes admission within the stipulated period to avoid any possible sanction by JAMB.