Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for admission into various Postgraduate programmes of the Nasarawa State University, Keffi (NSUK).
- Only Courses available for the session are advertised and as such candidates are advised to select courses available in this advertisement.
- Candidates are advised to PRINT out the advertisement and STUDY thoroughly before COMMENCING the application procedure online.
POSTGRADUATE PROGRAMMES OFFERED
Ph.D. Degree Programmes:
These are available to holders of M.A; M.Ed.; M.Sc. and LL.M degrees, with a minimum of 4.00 Cumulative Grade Point Average CGPA or equivalent 60% score in their academic Master degree programmes. A PhD degree programme runs for a minimum period of six (6) semesters and a maximum period of ten (10) semesters. Relevant courses will be taken for the PhD full-time studies where prescribed and a Thesis is required at the end of the PhD programme.
M.Phil /PhD. Degree Programmes:
Candidates who score less than 4.0 CGPA or equivalent 60% score in M.A., M.Ed., M.Sc., LL.M. can apply for admission into the Master of Philosophy (M.Phil/PhD) degree programme. The M.Phil/PhD degree programme is available only to full-time candidates. It runs for a minimum period of two (2) semesters and a maximum period of four (4) semesters. Candidates in this category are eligible for conversion to PhD. To be eligible for conversion for the PhD programme, candidates are expected to score not less than 4.00 CGPA at the end of the first session.
Master Degree Programmes:
M.A., M.Ed., M.Sc., LL.M. degrees run for a minimum period of 4 semesters and a maximum period of 6 semesters for full-time candidates; a minimum period of 6 semesters and a maximum period of 8 semesters for part-time candidates. All Master Degree Programmes are by coursework. This is in addition to a research report in the form of a Dissertation or Research project. HND with PGDs at upper credit may be acceptable.
Postgraduate Diploma Programmes:
Postgraduate Diploma degrees are available to candidates with a Third class (honours) degree and Higher National Diploma (HND) with a minimum of lower credit or its equivalents. The Diplomas run for a minimum period of 2 semesters and a maximum period of 4 semesters for full-time candidates or a minimum period of 4 semesters and a maximum period of 6 semesters for part-time candidates.
The Postgraduate session for Postgraduate programmes is two (2) semesters, commencing in October and ending in September of the following year, starting from the date of first registration.
ELIGIBILITY FOR ACADEMIC PROGRAMMES
- All Certificates shall be available at the point of purchasing the application form, including the National Youth Service Corp DISCHARGE CERTIFICATE OR EXEMPTION CERTIFICATE.
- Candidates are expected to submit their application forms online.
- Transcripts of Academic Records should be forwarded to the Secretary, School of Postgraduate Studies. The Postgraduate School will not be held liable for any misdirected transcript, please.
- All candidates must have 5 O/L Credit passes, including English Language and Mathematics.
- Applicants for the Master degree programmes who are graduates of Narasawa State University, Keffi and other recognized Universities must have a minimum of Second Class Honours Degree (Lower Division) and must be applying for programmes in which they have their first degrees. However, applicants with Second Class Honours Degree (Lower Division) and those with higher classes of degrees seeking admissions into programmes outside those in which they have their first degrees may be admitted, provided they satisfy Senate requirements. All Candidates shall apply early for their official Bachelor’s degree transcript to be sent to the Secretary, School of Postgraduate Studies, before the expiration of the deadline.
- Applicants for the Postgraduate programmes will be subjected to written assessment (qualifying examination) irrespective of the class of degree obtained.
Application fee for all programmes is N20,000.
Dates and Venues of Qualifying Examination
A qualifying examination for all applicants seeking admissions into Postgraduate degree programmes will hold on Saturday 17th August, 2019 at 8:30am prompt for all Academic programmes (Ph.D, M.Sc, M.A, LLM, M.Ed) and Saturday August 24th 2019 at 8:30am prompt for Professional Programmes (MPA, MBA, MPP, MLG, MERM, MAF, MEPM) and all Postgraduate Diplomas in the following venues:
- Faculties of Administration, Arts, Law, Natural & Applied Sciences, Social Sciences – Faculty Complex.
- Faculty of Education – Assembly hall
- Faculty of Environmental Science – 1000 seat auditorium
- Faculty of Agriculture – 1000 seat auditorium
- Institute of Education – Assembly hall
- Institute of Governance & Development Studies – SPGS
August 17th & 24th 2019 are for qualifying examinations as there will be no formal letters of invitation to candidates for the qualifying examination. This advertisement will serve as an invitation.
Method of Application:
Application forms are to be completed online and will close on Thursday, 15th August 2019. Successful candidates will be notified by e-mail. Applicants can visit our website: www.nsuk.edu.ng for details of available programmes or contact email: [email protected] for enquiries.
Bala I. Ahmed II